Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Monday Recap: Anti Monday League: Snowden

After the Belly Up, I drove southbound on the 5 and in 18 minutes was walking into the Casbah. I had just missed Malajube and there were mixed crowd reviews, from "they were so awesome!" to "they were way too loud" to "I didn't know every song would be in French."

I said hi to Scott and Sophie, Daye, Larry and Montes, and the now Monday regulars who will be there for Tim Pyles fairly regularly regardless of who is playing his Anti-Monday league, like Sean from Firethorn. I made my way to the bar, got a beer, hung out and waited for Snowden to start.

At the Belly Up, I was told I was crazy for attempting to go to the Casbah but seriously, I would be kicking myself if I'd missed this show. I don't know what it is about this band...the singer's voice, the bassist going crazy, the drums, the harmonies, the rock, I really don't know, but I was instantly made a fan.


Here are some stills of the band, too.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Snowden played until a little after 1 am. I was told that there was a larger crowd for Malajube, but that is typical for Monday night, I think. Snowden thanked the crowd for being there and noted that it was, in fact, a large crowd for a Monday night. The fact that both the Belly Up and the Casbah at their peaks were packed is really encouraging. The weather is warming up and people are more willing to go out, even on "school nights". It's only gonna get better through spring and summer. I hope to see everyone tonight at the Vinyl Radio CD release party. Get there early for free BBQ!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Nice pics and video. Kickass show. I've got more pics up at my Flickr site...
Snowden: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kudoskid0511/sets/72157594574557544/
Malajube: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kudoskid0511/sets/72157594574521554/
Fifty on Their Heels: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kudoskid0511/sets/72157594574498680/
The Fascination: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kudoskid0511/sets/72157594574487811/

I think I met you once through Nick at a Republic of Letters show?